Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Merry Christmas and happy new year.





Dear friends, how are you doing today? My name is Joan and I am in Primary six. I just finished doing the promotional tests and now getting some rest off the books. This has been a tough seasons because we have been doing a lot of tests so that we can all pass to the new class. Which class are you now?
I just want to tell you that last month the Pope of the Catholic church and head of Rome was in Uganda. Many people gathered to meet him.  I could not go to see him because the cloud was heavy for me.  Do you know about him? He is called Pope Francis.  Before I was born two other Popes came to Uganda.  Pope Francis came to Uganda as Uganda was marking 50 years since the Uganda martyrs were canonized. Are there martyrs in USA? A martyr is a person who dies for the religion. In Uganda there was once a king who wanted everyone to worship him as God but those who refused and still worship God were the ones killed by burning them when they are alive.  This was terrible.
Now that Christmas is coming soon, what do you plan to do? Will you go to church for that day? Our class is preparing for Christmas Carols and we shall sing in the service.  Do you ever sing in a church service?
By Joan Naluwembe in primary six.




No comments:

Post a Comment