Friday, February 21, 2014

The beloved Altrusans and McKay Creek Friends.



Dear friends, Mitchel and Hazen,
How are you all at Mckay Creek? We are fine and so happy about our friendship. Thank you so much for our gifts you sent us. Mrs. Susan came to our school and I saw her. I was training music and dance when she came. For me I sleep at school all the time. Where do you sleep? Thank you so much for telling me about what you do at school.
Let me also tell you about what we do at school; we begin school by reading a few comprehensions and then the teacher can ask you a few questions. These days we are reading the books you sent us. Thanks to Mrs. Cindy and all of you. Then after reading, we do mathematics, but other classes can begin with other subjects like English. In math, we really do many things; we no longer do multiplication but is automatic in other parts of mathematics. We do square and square roots of numbers like 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 49, 64, 81, 100, 121, 144, 169, 196, and many. These days we have been reviewing decimal fractions like ; expressing 0.12121212.... as common fractions. It has been interesting for me.
We have also done construction and representing information on the pie - charts. Do you do such things? We really have a lot of things in math. May be I can give you a question and when you solve it, it will be good; Solve for the value of x: 2(3x- 4) = 4(x + 4), my answer is 12. This is my most interesting parts in mathematics.
Your friend,
Madrine.

Hello Mason and friends in USA,
We are fine here at Great Valley but it is hot and dusty. I have developed flu because of the dust but I will be fine. How are you over there? Thank you so much for being our lovely friends. We are enjoying this computer and I love it so much. Typing has been so hard for some beginners but they are also good. Let me also tell you about what we do in mathematics. First of all, we do different things in our different classes. I am in primary five and we have been rounding off numbers to the nearest tens, hundreds, thousands, tenths, hundredths and thousands. I have enjoyed the topic so much. We also do the addition of up to 5 digits and also multiplication of up to 5 digits. I think mathematics is my favorite. I also like writing comprehensions in English.
Yours,
 Kisabagire Bernard.
Hi USA friends. I have just learned the full form of USA when I asked my teach. It is United States of America. Uganda has no short form when we write it. How are all of you at McKay Creek Elementary School? Thank you for telling us about you. I love being at school because I feel so happy when I am there with my friends. My teacher is Mr. Bawalagga and Mr. Kennedy. I have other teachers though but some do not teach me. My English teacher is called Mr. Bosco and the Science teacher is Robert. They are really good and I understand them so clearly because they are so friendly. In English, we are studying about comprehension writing and official letter writing. What are you doing in you class?
Your friend in Uganda,
Eva.

Hi my friend, Connor,
I have loved to read your letters. My name is Nakato and I am a girl. My name is for the twins and so i am. My twin sister is called Babirye and they are traditional names. The first born of the twins is called Babirye is it is a girl and then the second is Nakato is it is a girl. If the twins are boys, then the first is called Wasswa and the second born is Kato. Kato and Nakato mean the young one. I really can tell you a long story  about twins. The twin mother in my language is called Nalongo which means the mother of two and the twin father is called Salongo. In my family, we have two pairs of twins. My teacher told me that you also ever had a president who has twins and that he is called President George Walker Bush. Do you know about him? So in my language, we can call him Salongo George Walker Bush. Do you have any twins in your class?
your friend in Uganda,
NAKATO  (Twin sister to Babirye)

Hello friends, Connor and Phillip Star.
I believe your are both really very stars.  In my free time, I read books,
the books I read can be the story books you sent us or even our notes we write in our classes. Our classes have black boards on which our teachers write using white chalk and so we copy the notes from there. During our free time, we read those notes to remind ourselves what we studied. Do you write notes in books. They also write exercises on the black boards and we also transfer them in our exercise books and after answering them, we hand in for marking. My teacher for math always gives us a lot of work and the best he gives a gift like sweets in most cases. My sister Nakato is better than me in mathematics but I am better than her in social studies and sometimes English.
your friend,
Babirye (Twin sister of Nakato)

No comments:

Post a Comment