Monday, February 24, 2014

The best School of my life.



Dear  friends in the Usa,
Thank you so much for the work done. At school we love you so much and we are so happy to work with you. I love the computer that you gave to us and most of us, especially those in primary five to seven have learnt how to write with it. We take some time to be able to find the letters but one of my friends is now very fast. Are you fast at using computers? Let me tell you about our school day; we begin school at 7:00 am, and we get a short break of 30 minutes from 10:30am to 11:00 am. At 1:00 pm we get lunch break for one hour up to 2:00 pm. We end normal classes at 4:30 pm. Sometimes we go up to 5:00 pm. At 5:00 pm, we normally begin the music and dance training up to 6:00 pm. The primary sevens and sixes always go in classes for more lessons.  Sometimes there is no electricity so we may not study. The dances are so interesting. When Mrs. Susan and Mrs. Harriet came to our school, we had some dance training. I wish you also come to our school and see the dances.
Your friend, Yvonne.       
Hi, my name is Rafah,
I am a girl. I am slender and somehow brown. My school is called Great Valley Children's Center and it is a good school. I love going to school and I am so proud of my school and my teachers. I think I have the best teachers  in the world. When I had not come to Great Valley, I never spoke to my teachers outside classes because they never liked speaking to us. But at Great Valley, you can talk to the teachers whenever you want and they are always at school until very late and when all other students have to go home. We can even play with them. Do you play with your teachers also? My teachers' names are Mrs. Florence, Miss Sarah, Mr. Bawalagga, Mr. Bosco, Mr. Kennedy and many more.
Let me tell you about my country; It is called Uganda. The capital city of Uganda is called Kampala. It is a small city but I have not been to most of the parts in Kampala. Uganda has about 35 million people but they tell us that the women are more than the males. The president of Uganda is called president Yoweri Kaguta Museni. I also know the president of USA, he is called president Barrack Hussein Obama. Uganda has got many good things like lakes, rivers, mountains and forests and animals. My favorite animal is an elephant. it is very big animal. In Uganda, we have the source of the longest river in the whole world. It is called river Nile. The source of the Nile is called lake Victoria and this is the second largest lake in the whole world. We have the high mountain of Uganda called Rwenzori. On this mountain is where there is snow in Uganda. Also there is the biggest national park in Uganda around this mountain and it is called Queen Elizabeth National game park. In the park you can go and see many animals like elephants, lions, Rhinos, Zebras and many more.
I my teacher for social studies said that the name of the park was given after the Queen of England who had visited Uganda during that time.
I will tell you more when I learn about the geography of Uganda.
your friend,
Gloria.

Hi friends, Andrew and Jimmy,
how are you all? We are fine at Great Valley. Today I am also very happy. I learnt how to play games on the iPod you people gave to us. It is really very nice and we love it so much. We also got the computer and i love using it. How do you do there? I love using the iPod to multiply numbers. There is a game when I reached level 6 also. I think it is awesome using the technology to study. Thank you so much for making me happy.
Your friend in Uganda, '
Arnold.



Dear friends,
My name is Enock, I am a very small boy but i go to primary five class. Which class are you in Riley? I pray that you do well in AOKS testing. I also like reading so you should do better also. Iam always the best in my class but sometimes Bernard takes me up. I like to work hard so that I can always do better. I have a brother called Elvis. He also goes to school at Great Valley. He is older than me by two years. I think we are very lucky to have nice teachers. We have been blessed so much this year. First they brought us food from freinds in USA and then they brought us more food. We used the money that you collected to buy soya flour that is so delicious. Thanks to Mrs. Cindy's class. I love using the computer so much. I will be good at computer because it took me few days to be able to type on it.
I was using the iPod you sent us to do math multiplication but I think it helped us so much. We also do DIVISIBILITY TESTS but they are tricky. My teacher is fast at it. Let me teach you a way of testing for division of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10 .
All numbers ending with 0, 2, 4, 6 and 8 are directly divisible by 2. Eg, 9990, 6892, 45678, ......
For 3, you find the sum of the individual digits that form that number and when it gives you a multiple of 3, then the number is divisible by 3. E.g, 7344 (7+3+4+4 = 18), since 18 is a multiple of three, then the whole number (7344)is divisible by three. But a number like 7345(7+3+4+5= 19), but 19 is not a multiple of 3 so the whole number (7345)is not divisible by 3.
For number 2999999912 is divisible by 4 because the last two digits form a multiple of 4. A number is divisible by 5 if it ends with 0 and 5 e.g 45000, 9999995.
For a number to be divisible by six, it must be divisible by 2 and 3 at the same time.
For 10, the number must be ending with 0.
I truly like mathematics and I want to be a great mathematician and I love helping my friends.What is your favorite subject at school?
Yours Enock.

No comments:

Post a Comment